Our Company has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, organized, team-oriented, and professional Director of Finance at at our national head office located in Richmond, BC.
This position will report to the Head of Finance & Strategic Planning (VP Finance) and will work alongside other departments in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Director of Finance will lead our financial department including corporate reporting, business planning, budgeting, and performance analytics.
- Oversee all financial matters including reporting, budgeting, and forecasting initiatives.
- Oversee the corporate controller function in the delivery of full-cycle accounting for 2 main operating entities, including the preparation of month-end financial statements and associated management reporting.
- Manage the preparation of filings for external tax advisors.
- Production of annual business plan as well as meeting material for quarterly audit and board meetings.
- Collaborate with the Real Estate and Development team to evaluate site opportunities. Provide meaningful insight into the financial feasibility of new builds and the conversion of competitor sites.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to review and analyze promotional activities.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations on franchisee-facing matters, including identifying opportunities to drive store-level profitability.
- Manage external financial relationships with third parties, including auditors, banks, and suppliers.
- Assess and execute upon avenues that drive shareholder value.
- Participate in the financial review of acquisition targets and business expansion opportunities, including modeling and forecasting of acquisition targets, quantification of financial returns, and synergistic opportunities to add value.
- Facilitate the preparation of fully compliant external financial statements within IFRS standards and relevant accounting pronouncements. Present findings to the Audit Committee.
- Assist the Head of Finance with the preparation of ad hoc reports and financial modeling as well as participate in the presentation of those reports to senior leadership.
- Conduct industry research and analysis. Identify and articulate key risks and opportunities within the automotive industry.
- Provide leadership to the Corporate Controller alongside the accounting and finance team of 8 people.
- Establish performance goals and objectives for direct reports that are in alignment with corporate objectives. Maintain a cohesive and highly productive team.
Education and Qualifications:
- CPA designation. An MBA designation would be preferred but not required.
- Experience leading a team at a Director or equivalent level
- Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and conduct insightful financial analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong people skills with the ability to effectively manage a cross-functional group
- High degree of attention to detail
- Resourceful and independent
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of and experience with SAGE would be considered an asset
The successful candidate must be a natural leader who is comfortable supervising a team and acting as a business partner with franchisees, suppliers, internal departments, and the leadership team.
Founded in 1976, we pioneered the quick lube industry in Canada. After more than 45 years and nearly 50 million customers served, we are the national leader in automotive maintenance services, delivering trusted convenience at stores from coast to coast. We are the leading quick service brand in the industry and continuously evolve our offerings to fully service the customer’s vehicle.
Since 2012, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. We offer a wide range of employee benefits as well as a collaborative and supportive working environment.