Are you ready to dive into the exciting and innovative world of Engineered Wood? We have a great opportunity within our Production Team for a well-rounded individual as a Logistics Coordinator.
We are recognized as a global leader of innovation in the design and manufacture of equipment in the Engineered Wood products industry and is the largest supplier of Stranders used in the production of Oriented Strand Board (OSB) and other wood-based composites.
The Logistics Coordinator will work closely with the Production Manager, Logistics Manager and VP, Operations to coordinate and monitor supply chain operations to ensure the on time and successful delivery of inbound and outbound goods.
You will arrange shipment of outbound finished products and machines to a global customer base and arranges shipment of inbound materials & parts to facilities in Canada, the USA, and China.
You will manage all aspects of logistics throughout our supply chain and be responsible for organizing and providing efficient transportation for the entire lifecycle of our products, from the acquisition of raw materials to final product distribution.
- Coordinate the daily shipment of outgoing customer sales orders, incoming purchase orders, RMA’s, and subcon shipments.
- Prepare various customs documentation for successful cross border shipments: Commercial invoice, CUSMA, etc.
- Take on project management duties related to shipping capital and major projects.
- Resolve problems associated with transportation, import and export, customer problems, and logistics systems
- Organize and manage daily picking and packing priorities with the stores team using ERP software material queue manager
- Coordinate with the purchasing department for shipment of incoming and outgoing materials
- Prepare and present reports to the logistics department and operations department
- Weekly review of late orders and development of reason codes by analyzing and investigating cause
- Ensure that orders are in compliance with customs regulations, policies and laws
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Audit the quality of internal/external warehouse and supplier packing methods and package quality
- Provide and develop excellent working relationships with customers, vendors and internal departments.
- 2+ years experience shipping/logistics roles (or Diploma in relevant field of study, ex. BCIT International Trade and Transportation Logistics Diploma)
- Experience working in a manufacturing job shop
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet the demands of a fast-paced logistics environment
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong critical thinking and problems solving skills
- Must possess computer skills, with expertise in Excel and proficiency in MS Office
- Education in Logistics or like fields of study, ex. BCIT (International Trade and Transportation Logistics, APICS (CSCP/CLTD), CCLP (CITT)
- Familiarity with relevant rules, regulations, standards and forms (Incoterms, COO, HS Codes, CUSMA)
- Extended Health, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance & AD&D after 3 months
- RRSP matching after 6 months
- 3 weeks’ vacation to start
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Wage Range/Job Type/Schedule:
- Negotiable based on experience
- FT - Permanent