Are you ready to dive into the exciting and innovative world of Engineered Wood? We have a great opportunity within our Engineering Team for a well-rounded individual as a Mechanical Engineer.
We are recognized as a global leader of innovation in the design and manufacture of equipment in the Engineered Wood products industry and is the largest supplier of Stranders used in the production of Oriented Strand Board (OSB) and other wood-based composites.
Why Work With Us?
Here, everyone is focused on the same outcome: to respectfully work together to provide the best quality equipment, service, and support to our customers. By leading with a respectful work environment for all employees to thrive in, we have enjoyed decades of success and international growth in providing innovative capital equipment with award-winning customer service to the engineered wood products industry.
In this exciting and dynamic position, the Mechanical Engineer plays a lead role in providing technical support to the Sales, Service and Manufacturing teams and will lead projects for capital sales orders and internal projects to improve machinery design and manufacturing processes.
- Machinery Design – Lead opportunities for new design and improvements of existing designs for improved quality, cost, and manufacturability.
- Project Management – Manage engineering scope and delivery of technical documentation and drawings to customers and to manufacturing.
- Sales Support – Provide technical support to the sales group for internal and external customers. Provide support in the development of proposals to define project scope and deliverables.
- Service Support – Provide technical support to the service team on technical questions and troubleshooting
- Manufacturing Support – Provide technical support to the operations group from procurement through to final assembly and shipping.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or diploma
- 5+ years of experience in a role involving design, project management and customer support functions.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (EGBC) or Technologist (ASTTBC)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with SolidWorks or other 3D Cad tools
- Proficient with AutoCAD for 2D drafting
- Strong experience with DFM and detailed machine design drawings.
- Experience leading a team
- Exposure to machinery design in a wood processing industry.
- Design of assemblies incorporating hydraulics/pneumatics and drive components including bearings, chain, and belt drives.
- Basic understanding of electrical design and PLC controls
- Lean training and experience
- Project management training
- Travel to customer sites to be part of installations and provide support to the service team
- Opportunities for advancement
- Extended Health, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance & AD&D after 3 months
- RRSP matching after 6 months
- 3 weeks’ vacation to start
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Wage Range/Job Type/Schedule:
- Negotiable based on experience
- FT - Permanent