Occupational Therapist / Instructor - Relocation Assistance Available to Prince Rupert BC
||Occupational Therapist / Instructor - Relocation Assistance Available to Prince Rupert BC
||Dec 21, 2022
|**Relocation Incentive to Relocate to Prince Rupert**
The incumbent operates under a collaborative reporting structure, with direct administrative reporting to the Manager of Rehabilitation Services (Prince Rupert/Haida Gwaii), and an oversight reporting relationship with UBC School of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy; Faculty of Medicine.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Monday to Friday / Days - 08:30 to 16:30
We are the largest hospital in northwest BC with 27 acute care beds. They offer emergency services, ultrasound, CT scans, surgery, extended care, pediatrics, radiology, and obstetrics. Additional services such as diabetes education, health heart and rehabilitation, podiatry, orthopedics and other visiting specialists.
What we have to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia and eligible for membership with the Occupational Therapy Association of BC.
- Masters’ level education in a relevant discipline or equivalent level of education and training focused on health systems administration, education and/or leadership.
- 3+ years related experience in the variety of clinical practice areas such as acute, community or residential care; one (1) year experience in a leadership /supervisory/ educator role.
- Completion of a course in adult education or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated teaching and supervisory/mentoring experience for a range of health care providers.
- Valid BC Driver’s license required.
Who We Are
We cover an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Prince Rupert is a coastal port city with a population of 12,220 (2021). It is nestled into a mountain and surrounded by the Great Bear Rainforest. See rare wildlife, explore our rugged landscapes, and experience world-class fishing adventures you won’t find anywhere else.