Digital Project Manager
Our company is currently seeking a Digital Project Manager to contribute to the development of a new ecommerce/customer portal and the growth of Convoy’s new website. We are in an exciting period of growth in digital initiatives, working with our global counterparts to develop the best systems to support the needs of our growing companies and the changing digital requirements of our customers.
The Digital Project Manager will proactively manage all digital projects under the responsibility of the Marketing Team. Working with a cross-functional team, the candidate will provide and document the requirements of the development work necessary for the evolution of our digital ecosystem, manage the various suppliers, and coordinate all digital projects including schedules and budgets.
The Digital Project Manager must understand and appreciate the needs of the various parties, keep the stakeholders informed of progress, and ensure that the various teams work efficiently and according to the established deadlines. The successful candidate will know how to execute project management processes across diverse teams but will also be comfortable managing the day-to-day and doing what is required to get the job done.
This position requires a solid understanding of web technologies and the ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The creation and monitoring of project-related tasks as well as deadline and budget reports are expected.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining all ecommerce and website development projects
- Taking ownership for the project through the entire project lifecycle, navigating from concept to implementation to deployment to support
- Ensuring project management, budget reports, production scheduling, project planning, and progress monitoring
- Working with project teams to ensure that the delivery of project work and achievement of business objectives complies with the schedule, budget, and customer needs
- Creating and maintaining project documents to align with the scope of work
- Coordinating the various needs and specifications related to projects, from design and production to the implementation stage, with team members
- Integrating change management practices in conjunction with appointed Team Lead
- Negotiating and troubleshooting as needed and reconciling the needs of the different stakeholders of the project, including external agencies
- Assigning tasks to various team members and ensuring follow-up so that deliverables are completed on schedule
- Collaborating with subcontractors
- Demonstrating strong skills for functions related to operating systems, web technology development, database management, and ecommerce
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and best practices
- BAA in Marketing or equivalent
- Formal project management training or relevant work experience
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a project manager in the web industry with an emphasis on ecommerce integration
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution an asset
- Experience in complete redesign of informational and transactional websites
- Proven experience of effectively managing large-scale projects from brief through to delivery
- Bilingual (French and English) strongly preferred
Office environment located in Surrey, BC, with the possibility of occasional remote work.
Occasional domestic and international travel for business.
- Competitive salary - we take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too
- Healthcare and Dental for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- Group RRSP – save for retirement – you are eligible after 1 year of continuous employment and matches your contribution based on years of service
- Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends - receive a generous amount of paid holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Internal Promotions
Our company is a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with 44 locations across North America, from the Canadian Rockies and Pacific Northwest forests, across the Prairies to the Great Lakes and places beyond. Our company was founded in 1972, and with celebrating our 50th year in the industry, prides itself on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business. We want them to know that they can LEAN ON US!